This hearty, flavorful Crock Pot Sausage Pasta is packed with flavor and about as easy as it gets!
Looking for a ‘set it and forget’ dinner that’s made in the crockpot? Hearty, healthy, and full of flavor, this sausage pasta is the weekly recipe that can go from season to season all year round!
An Easy Crock Pot Pasta
- Spicy Italian sausage, veggies, and pasta in tomato sauce are always a crowd-pleaser, but cooked all at once? Yes, please! Save time and energy and let the crockpot do all the work!
- Economical and easy to use up those leftovers!
- This dish is so versatile! Extra veggies from the fridge or garden can be tossed in.
Ingredients in Sausage Pasta
SAUSAGE: Italian sausage is seasoned with fennel seeds and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. If using other meat like chicken breast or turkey, increase the Italian seasonings and add a little bit of fennel if you have it.
VEGETABLES: Eggplant, mushrooms, and tomatoes blend perfectly with the meat and seasonings. Not a fan of eggplant?! No problem, you can skip it and add bell peppers or add zucchini for the last hour of cooking time.
SAUCE: Tomato sauce is the star of crockpot sausage pasta! Don’t drain the cans of sauce and tomatoes
PASTA: Choose a medium shape of pasta that the tomato sauce can cling to and is about the same size as the cut veggies. Penne, rotini, rigatoni, or larger shells. For a low carb entrée, eliminate the pasta and increase the meat and veggies (or stir in roasted cauliflower).
How to Make Crock Pot Sausage Pasta
- Break up sausage & set aside.
- Place veggies, cooked sausage and remaining ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover & cook low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in cooked pasta. Sprinkle on some parmesan for a cheesy topping!
Some brands of pasta become mushy or even gluey in texture in the slow cooker. We prefer to cook the pasta separately and combine just before serving for perfect pasta every time.
- For best results, cook the pasta ‘al dente’ (to the bite) so it stays firm when it’s mixed in with the other ingredients.
- For a pasta Fagioli stye soup, add in an extra can of crushed tomatoes and cannelloni beans.
- Save some of the pasta water in case the sauce needs to be thickened.
How to Store
Crockpot sausage pasta tastes better the next day when all the flavors have a chance to blend!
Keep covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Freeze cold soup in zippered bags labeled with the date on the outside for up to 8 weeks. Place frozen soup on the stove and cook on low until reheated.
Our Fave Crock Pot Pasta
Did your family love this Crock Pot Sausage Pasta? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crock Pot Sausage Pasta
Crock Pot sausage pasta is a set-it-and-forget-it dish loaded with veggies, sausage, & cheesy pasta!
Remove casings from sausage and break into large pieces.
Place onion, eggplant, sausage, and mushrooms into the bottom of a 6qt slow cooker.
Combine crushed and whole tomatoes (slightly squished), garlic, vinegar, & seasonings. Pour over the sausage and vegetables.
Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Before serving, cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, stir pasta into the sauce.
Top with parmesan cheese and fresh herbs for serving.
Cook pasta to al dente (firm) so it doesn’t overcook when added to the other ingredients.
Sausage can be replaced with ground beef or turkey, you will need to add extra Italian seasoning and a 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds if you have it. Chili flakes can be added.
Serving: 1.5cups, Calories: 355, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 43mg, Sodium: 557mg, Potassium: 696mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 201IU, Vitamin C: 13mg, Calcium: 64mg, Iron: 3mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword Crock Pot Sausage Pasta, Crock Pot Sausage Pasta recipe, Crockpot Sausage Pasta, how to make Crock Pot Sausage Pasta
Course Dinner, Entree, Pasta, Slow Cooker
Adapted. (2018, Feb. 28). Slow Cooker Tomato & Sausage Pasta. Canadian Living, One Pot Suppers, 90.