‘Tis the season for holiday pies we love a good Pecan Pie recipe with a rich buttery filling and lots of pecans!
This is an easy pecan pie recipe without corn syrup. Just mix, fill, and bake and it’s ready in under an hour.
A Favorite Fall Pie Recipe
- This recipe takes the cake (or the pie) because it’s so easy to make.
- Uses simple basic ingredients, a pre-made pie crust (or homemade crust if you’d like), and only 3 steps.
- Busy days call for make-ahead recipes and since this one needs to chill, it’s the perfect Thanksgiving pie recipe.
- This recipe differs from a traditional pecan pie because it’s made without corn syrup.
Ingredients and Variations
BATTER: Pecan pie is famous for its sweet and savory, gooey batter that has crunchy pecans baked right in! Butter and brown sugar for the caramel-like flavor and texture. Eggs help the pie set up right.
PECANS: Pecans have that light, nutty flavor that tastes like fall. If desired, toast them in a dry pan until fragrant to make them extra crunchy and intensify their flavor!
VARIATIONS: Make a super fancy Bourbon version by adding a ½ cup of dark chocolate chips and about 2 tablespoons of real bourbon or 1 tablespoon of bourbon extract.
How to Make Pecan Pie
Make this easy pie in just a few steps!
- Whisk ingredients together (per recipe below) & pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat & bake another 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
PRO TIP: Pecan pie is done baking if it’s a bit wiggly but not wet. Pecan pie should be sightly set but a bit of movement is ok, it’ll set more as it cools.
Tips for Perfect Pie
- For best results, avoid overbaking pecan pie. Remove it from the oven and let it sit and cool before slicing.
- Buying chopped pecans is a real timesaver!
- For pecan bars, press pie crust into a 9”x9” inch baking dish. Bake as directed.
- For mini-pecan pies or tarts, press circles of pie crust into the bottoms of lined cupcake dishes. Fill and bake as directed.
- Serve with Homemade Whipped Cream or Homemade Caramel Sauce. Even try a scoop of homemade 3 Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream.
How to Store
Always keep egg-based pies covered in the refrigerator and eat them within 4 days. Freeze a whole pie or individual pieces once they are fully cooled by wrapping them tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Write the date on the outside and for best results, allow to thaw at room temperature and use within 2 months.
Perfect Pies for the Holidays!
Did you make this Pecan Pie? Be sure to leave us a rating and a comment below!
Easy Pecan Pie Recipe (without corn syrup)
Pecan Pie is easy to make and full of flavor.
Preheat oven to 400°F
Whisk eggs in a large bowl and stir in butter. Add in remaining ingredients and stir well.
Pour into the prepared pie shell and cover edges of pie crust with tinfoil to prevent them from over browning.
Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350°, and bake for an additional 35 minutes. Cool completely.
Pecan pie is done baking if it’s a bit wiggly but not wet. It should be sightly set but a bit of movement is ok, it’ll set more as it cools.
Store leftover pecan pie in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cover with plastic wrap & foil and freeze for up to 2 months.
Calories: 457, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 212mg, Potassium: 144mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 34g, Vitamin A: 426IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Course Dessert, Pie